Waterfall Circuit | Self Drive | South of Cairns
We often get asked “What can we do for free around Cairns?” There are plenty of options. Free is often just sightseeing on foot, but hiring a car is not free. However it is the freedom to go and see what you want at your own time.
Your Touring Highlights include:
- Walsh’s Pyramid: one of the largest naturally formed pyramids in the world.
- Heales Lookout: a breathtaking scenic view overlooking the Goldsborough Valley.
- Crater Lake National Park: Lake Barrine is a Maar volcano that formed 17,000 years ago. Here you can take a wildlife cruise, see the 1000-year-old giant twin Kauri trees and have morning tea at the Tea House.
- See the Historical Yungaburra: With its streetscape largely unchanged since 1910.
- Curtain Fig Tree: Over 500 years old and a icon of history.
- Millaa Millaa Falls: Take a swim under one of Far North Queensland’s most photographed waterfalls.
- Crawford’s Lookout: Looking out over the World Heritage Listed Johnson River Gorge.
- Paronella Park: Taking in a 45 historical guided tour of this quirky and beautiful “Castle in the Tropics” ( entrance fees applicable).
- Josephine Falls & Babinda Boulders: On your way back off the Bruce highway ( both places are great for swimming in fresh water )
If you are travelling alone, or don’t wish to drive yourself, enjoy the tour with some others and join a group. We have a few operators offering a very similar trip, so call into our tour desk and we will book for you.
Book your next Far North Queensland holiday accommodation in Cairns with us here at Getaway on Grafton. BOOK NOW